Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Have Patience

I think one of the best things you learn dealing with cars, is patience. Ive been working on things that "go" since I was little and they can be extremely frustrating. Over time, you learn that the car is an inanimate object. It doesnt feel, or think, and it isnt trying to make you mad.
A perfect example of automotive frustration is installing a manual transmission after changing the clutch. Things have to line up just right or it wont slide together. On several occasions Ive literally spent close to an hour just trying to get the transmission to line up. A couple of times after fighting it, Ive stopped for a minute, then pushed on it with one hand and it slides right together with ease. :)
Anyway, I was just thinking that my experience with working on cars has translated into me being a more patient person.
"Lord, give me patience, and give it to me now!"

1 comment:

Hello said...

Kurt, like you I have had to learn alot of patience over the years. I was blessed to have a vision of our Lord in my early teens. His clear message was that He would teach me patience.
I continue to learn this, and continue to strive for all the excellence that Our Lord wants for my life. May He gain ALL the GLORY always.

Keep trusting and serene patience will be given unto you.

Your friend in Christ
Catherine Mc Lean