Sunday, March 25, 2007

He died for that!

Angie and I watched Mel Gibsons "The Passion" for the first time tonight. We have been going through Matthew in Church and are coming up to Easter, so we thought it would be a good thing for us to watch. It was.
Have you ever committed some stupid selfish little sin and thought "Jesus went through all of His suffering, separation from the Father, and His death because of the sin I just commited."
I felt the movie was a good portrayal of the Biblical accounts of the events surrounding Jesus Crucifixion.
If you havent seen the movie, I recommend you do it. It is disturbing, and bloody, as it was in reality.
The best part of the movie, though is the last scene. The GOOD NEWS of Jesus' death, is that it didnt last long!!!
HE IS RISEN!
If HE has set you free, then you are FREE INDEED!
Kurt

1 comment:

peach said...

You wanted comments, here is a comment! Ken and I watched this movie last year and I bought it so we could do that every year. Such a powerful impact. I really want to show the kids...I know it is brutal. Yes, it is brutal...is there something wrong with them knowing the magnitude of the event? I found an animated version on Netflix. We plan to watch it together this week.