Monday, December 04, 2006

This past weekend




Saturday, the second, we finished selling the last of my parents property. It was the shop that Dad (and me for 3 years) worked as a mechanic, welder, fabricator and hot rodder. We cleaned out the last of the stuff inside saturday morning and afternoon. It was very cold and windy, and of course the heat wasnt turned on in the shop and we had the big door open a lot of the time. It was strange because it was hard to look at something that noone really wanted and just decide to throw it away, or just saying "do you want this?" talking about something that was my dads. At the same time it was a major relief to be done with the whole thing. My brother Brad and I were talking about how now we can just come to Atkinson to visit friends and family for fun, and not have all this cleanup, or paperwork, or whatever to do.


It was great because when we got done with the shop, we all went to my aunt and uncles for a great supper, and then watched the Nebraska OU big 12 championship game. We had a great time, even though the game didnt go so well for us(except for Brads wife, Susan. she is a sooner fan, and we forgive her for that, I guess).


Have you seen the nintendo wii? I think I am going to get one for christmas, "from me, to me" as Alvin the chipmunk says. Really cool.


Kurt

No comments: